Perhaps, the thought of mugging up some five thousand words sounded very tedious. But, once I set the ball rolling, I realized that the words have certain salient patterns to them. That meant, I need not learn their definitions, but instead, scrupulously explore for those patterns.
The purpose behind writing this app was to study the etymology of words.
The source: http://www.etymonline.com/
I also decided to add a TextView that reports the request status from AsyncTask's onProgressUpdate method.
The pith of the program:
Getting rid of the keyboard once Submit button is pressed:
This project is very similar to one of my previous projects. Click here.